Not too long ago, managing offsite workers and organizing the resources they require to optimize customer service and work efficiently was extremely difficult and time-consuming. Though some companies are still overseeing their operations the same way they did in the 80s, many Canadian organizations are changing the way they manage their offsite workers and how they organize the required resources. To effectively coordinate mobile labor force, field-based enterprises are using field service management software and other SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solutions to facilitate faster and more effective delivery of services.
Application of FSM
From billing to quality control, dispatch and other particular aspects of field-based organizations, these hosted, or cloud-based solutions are intended to streamline the offsite operations of a company. FSM software has applications across different sectors of the economy including:
- Mining industry. Mining companies use FSM to provide precise locations of service events to their technicians.
- Healthcare. Mobile medical staff (nurses and caregivers) who provide home-based care for disabled patients and the elderly can use FSM software to track patient information.
- Cable and telecom industry. Companies and use field service management software to track broken lines and get their technicians in those places.
- Water or gas utilities. Technicians can be dispatched to locate and fix suspected leaks in preventative maintenance exercises.
There are other numerous applications of FSM software in industrial, residential, and commercial services. Any organization that specializes in the provision of installation or repair services can realize great benefits from the adoption of an FSM software.
Benefits of Field Service Management Software
Besides increasing efficiency and improving customer satisfaction, there are other advantages of using an FSM software that any forward thinking organization can exploit. Some of these benefits include:
- Saves time. One of the most time intensive exercises in a company is scheduling. An FSM software can help a business with field service scheduling thus saving time and increasing profitability.
- Monitoring. A business will be able to track and monitor the location of its employees at all times when on duty. This makes sure that a service technician is where they are supposed to be at all times.
- Improved communication. FSM software facilitates communication between managers and field service teams. Things tend to happen smoothly where there is clear communication.
Any company whose objectives lie within the scope of service provision can reap numerous benefits from the adoption and implementation of a field service management software. The transition may seem expensive and time-consuming at first, but the trade-offs are more than like-able. You may want to browse the Miracle Service website for additional information.